Board Solutions network - online board member recruiting
Welcome to Board Solutions Network (BSN), a governing board recruiting service of Latinos LEAD. Users wishing to access must agree to comply with the Rules and other terms of this Agreement.
Please contact Latinos LEAD with any questions about this Agreement.
- BSN is provided on the LATINOS LEAD website as a service to the nonprofit sector and individuals seeking governing board member positions in the sector. Any information posted by users must be related to the purposes of this service. LATINOS LEAD reserves the right to remove postings deemed not in the best interests of LATINOS LEAD, its nonprofit sector partners, funding sources, and individuals using this service.
- BSN is to be used only by: a) eligible nonprofit organizations posting governing board member service opportunities; and, b) individuals interested in obtaining institutional information about and applying for governing board membership with participating nonprofit organizations. Users shall not use BSN if they do not have a reasonable and legitimate intent to seek or provide governing board member opportunities in the nonprofit sector, in accordance with the mission and purpose of LATINOS LEAD.
- Those using BSN for the purpose of applying for governing board member service opportunities are prohibited from posting any false or inaccurate employment history or other biographical information, including but not limited to background information that is misleading or misrepresentative.
- Those using BSN for the purpose of posting governing board member service opportunities shall abide by all local, state, and federal laws with regard to nonprofit oversight and regulations. All users shall be prohibited from posting any franchise, pyramid scheme, “club membership,” distributorship, or sales representative agency arrangement or other opportunity that requires an up-front or periodic payment or recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents. Users shall not post information that is false, misleading or misrepresentative with respect to any governing board member service opportunities.
- Users shall exercise both common sense and courtesy when posting information and shall not use BSN to transmit defamatory, disparaging, obscene or offensive materials or communications.
- Users are prohibited from uploading or distributing any information subject to trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights except with the express consent of the owner of the rights. Users shall not violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights.
- The participation of, and the posted information by, individuals seeking governing board member opportunities will be treated as confidential. Posted information will only be shared with the nonprofit organization(s) expressly indicated by the individual posting the information. Individuals may affirmatively opt to allow LATINOS LEAD to share posted information with other nonprofit organizations with profiles aligned with the preferences indicated by the individual.
- If desired, the participation of nonprofit organizations seeking governing board member candidates may be kept confidential, in which case, a profile using the general organization characteristics will be posted.
- Notwithstanding clauses 7. and 8. (above), nonprofit organizations seeking board member candidates and individuals applying for governing board member positions understand that LATINOS LEAD reserves the right to publish a completed board member placement on the LATINOS LEAD website and other LATINOS LEAD materials, including annual reports and funding source progress reports. Such publication is presented solely as evidence of its programming progress and attests to the impact of the service provided through BSN. Where desired, nonprofit organizations can affirmatively opt for a generic description in public-facing media.
- BSN is not to be accessed to conduct any activities that may be illegal. For example, BSN shall not be used to encourage software infringement, spreading of computer viruses, breaking into private computer forums, gambling, or other crimes. Users shall comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, and other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Users shall respect the security of BSN and shall not attempt to delete or revise material posted by any other user or to gain access to areas private to LATINOS LEAD or BSN users.
- LATINOS LEAD reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate a user’s account if a user breaches this agreement or the law or is misusing BSN. LATINOS LEAD may, in its sole discretion, suspend a user’s ability to use BSN. LATINOS LEAD may reject or remove any posting at any time for any reason, regardless of whether or not such posting was previously accepted or served.
- There are countless variables that effect whether a nonprofit organization user will find suitable candidates for or and/or place qualified nominees to their governing boards. Payment of user fees does not guarantee that candidates will respond to nonprofit organization posts, or that qualified nominees will be made available for consideration to nonprofit organizations. Fees cover costs of maintaining the online features and, where applicable, for review and screening of applicants.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnity
By using BSN, a user may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Users agree that LATINOS LEAD is not responsible for others’ content or information. LATINOS LEAD makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation as to the accuracy, sufficiency, or security of information posted or transmitted by users of BSN, and assumes no responsibility or liability in connection with the use or misuse of such information. LATINOS LEAD assumes no liability or responsibility for the quality, safety or legality of the board service opportunities or biographical information posted, the truthfulness or accuracy of the listings, the ability of nonprofit organizations to offer governing board service opportunities to candidates or the ability of applicants to fill governing board service opportunities.
LATINOS LEAD, its officers, directors, employees, and agents, including, but not limited to the host of BSN, assume no liability or responsibility for any damage whatsoever (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, expenses or costs incurred by BSN users, or damages from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use of, or inability to use, BSN, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not the user is advised of the possibility of such damage.
Users accessing BSN shall indemnify and hold Latinos LEAD, and its officers, directors, employees, and agents, harmless from and against any and all liability, claims, damages, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) relating to the use of BSN and any acts or omissions of the users or to materials transmitted by users in connection with their use of BSN.
Choice of Law
This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California regardless of its choice of law rules. In addition, users consent to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of Los Angeles County, California in the event of any dispute between the parties.
LATINOS LEAD reserves the right to modify or change the rules of BSN, as it determines from time-to-time in the best interests of Latinos LEAD.